Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dear Diary Type (highly)

I think blogging has gradually become a holiday thing *shakes head disapprovingly*. I have a short break now and then some exciting things to do later this month. More importantly, however, I realise my own household is like Blandings Castle. Much, much like it. Which is why (apart from the very obvious reason that it's super funny) I'm inclined to read the series because it's highly entertaining as I can imagine my own mother in Lady Hermione's shoes :)

I met TC yesterday and it was much much fun! We did all sorts of fun girly things. I went through all her cool architecture work with wonderstruck eyes and she showed me all of her stationery and this fascinating dry crayon thing which you shave off (like powder) from the chalk thing and smudge onto the sheet of paper. Fascinating. I looked at all her pretty pretty blueprint type maps (or whatever they call it!) and felt supremely proud of her and all that. Then we jointly looked at her perfume collection and made notes on what I should buy. I tried out her facewash and lipbalm which was incredibly fruity and delicious. I bought one of my own the same day. She fed me lots and lots of ferrero rocher, pizza and coke (heaven) and then it was time for me to leave.

It was a fun day.

S is in town and we've been doing sisterly things like analysing the world around us (which basically involves either of us ranting or narrating events from our life and the other rationalising it all out).

OH and I must chronicle all the lovely presents I got for my birthday.

1. Purple- Lots and lots of things which formed parts of serious-serious gift and jokes. On me. Well, more about me. So I was very pleased and fascinated and had a fun fun time going through all that stuff. The serious-serious bit would include a Wodehouse (which introduced me to Blandings... Full Moon, if you must know), lip balm, really cool collage things, chocolate, STATIONERY... basically everything I like.
2. Fish- Adorable pink bag from Jute Cottage. It now serves as one of my town bags. Annnnnnd, my panda, who's been named Boo Boo Bear (I know he's not a bear but it just fits and that's hardly the point). He also wears a cute striped pink tee (he came with it. I didn't put it on!)
3. Aats- Breakfast at Tiffany's :) She only gifts books and must have been harrowed trying to get me a book that I'll actually READ and not take 500 years to get past p. 100 of.
4. Chick- Collection of cute little things from Archies which include a notepad and a baby pen of sorts.
5. S- Kurta from Cottons which came in this precious cotton pouch type thing, lemon soap and lemongrass face spray from Fab and bottles and bottles of nailpolish :D
6. Pengy- Beautiful bluish purple stole with subtle shiny things on it.

So you see, I'm content and feel very loved.

I shall add updates on belated presents :)

UPDATES:

7. Woogs- Stuff from Fab- This cool moisturising soap (it's got some exotic ingredient which I keep forgetting :() and an exfoliating body scrub thing. I have a bath collection from Fab now :)
8. Screechy- Pretty purple wallet and Gobul (this really cute orange thing which lights up when you shake it).
9. Screechy's double- Black velvet gloves and Tintin.

6 comments:

Tejal said...

hahaha..not maps..'plans' :P
yea i had loadsa fun showing u the stuff too.. lol..u seemed so very fascinated with everythin :)
It indeed was a 'fun' day :))

Best of luck for the exciting things ahead and dont forget my postcard :P

Vatsala said...

it's funny, the serious bit of Purple's gift is Wodehouse! Shows how awesome his gifts were :)!
Also I use this platform to again express consternation at the rather undignified name given to Panda, hmph. Must mention the rider with which gift was given!
And you forgot to mention baby momo in tiara!

Vatsala said...

Also you've inspired me to revive blog too..! I only update in holidays always sigh

Sneha said...

@ TC- hee hee thanks :)

@ Vat- oh ya the tiara. of course :D
go revive blog hahaha btw are you back in bombay? ive asked V to ask her bro to book bus/rail tickets for us

Sojourner said...

and here's a bleated wish:
Happy Birthday:) and wish you many happy returns.

AM said...

hi Sneha,
Are you here in bbsr?