Thursday, January 7, 2010

Being Nice

I think it's high time I became nicer. In life. To people. Law school has a tendency to make you do/say things that wouldn't have ever crossed your mind had you not been here. Mundane, inconsequential comments about what people are doing, saying, thinking, wearing etc. It really would never bother anybody in any other environment perhaps. But in law school, since people are bored out of their wits when they're not dying under dead lines or want to be nasty while dying under deadlines for relieving pressure (I know, v sadistic)- which basically means all the time- they.... we often tend to be mean and horrible. It's not a nice thing and it should stop!

So now I shall try v v hard to not be unnecessarily nasty (not that one ever needs to be necessarily nasty, but I shall save that liberty) and stay away from conversations that are less about the people taking part in it and more about people who're not there.

While this is not particularly in the nature of a resolution for the new year, but it nonetheless is a resolution of sorts. This reminds me, I need to buy a 2010 diary and organizer.


5 comments:

Sojourner said...

hmmm. happy new year:)

Sneha said...

hi sojo!
happy new year to you too
did you do anything special for new years?
i miss blogging and blogosphere :(

Unknown said...

I think it's a suppeerr resolution! Go moh!

Sneha said...

Hee.
Ey i'm nicer no?
i don't say mean things.

Sojourner said...

forgot to subscribe to this one...
I did nothing special for new year... Hope you had fun :)

I will reply to that missing blogging in that other newer post.